Are you looking for a new role in Early Years?
An exciting opportunity has opened up at Woodentots Nursery.
Early Years Practitioner - Baby Unit
Position: Early Years Practitioner - The Nest
Start Date: March 2019
Qualification: Level 2 / 3 Childcare
Experience: 1+ year after complting qualification
Hours: 40 per week, between 7:30am - 6:00pm
Salary: £8.25 per hour
Location: HMS Collingwood, Fareham
Tel No: 01329 332532
Woodentots Nursery is currently recruiting for a Practitioner to join our caring, passionate and professional team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our newly refurbished setting that provides high quality care and education for military families.
To the Setting
• To promote the company’s values and vision ‘Inspiring Individuals to Succeed’.
• To be a professional Early Years Educator, showing enthusiasm and care.
• To be a positive role model to the children and other team members.
• To be reliable with good attendance / punctuality.
• To teach and extend children’s knowledge at every opportunity.
• To ensure that all learning journals, observations and assessments for key children are up to date.
• To work in accordance with the Ofsted regulations and EYFS Statutory Framework.
• To follow all policies and procedures.
To the Children:
• To follow the safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures to keep children safe.
• To oversee the progress of key children.
• To support the transition of key children settling within the room.
• To work as part of a team to provide an environment that is clean, tidy and organised and quality learning opportunities.
• To understand and have an in-depth knowledge of child development and the EYFS.
• To provide support and refer any key child who needs extra support with their development to the Senco.
• To provide outdoor access/play daily.
• To observe, plan and assess all key children’s learning and development.
• To take responsibility for key children’s learning journals to ensure they are on target, being assessed effectively and within each area of learning.
• To support meal times, encouraging manners and healthy eating, ensuring awareness of dietary needs.
• To carry out and promote personal hygiene routines with all children in the room.
• To follow the organisation’s equal opportunities policy.
• To plan and accompany children on outings within the establishment.
To the Staff Team:
• To attend half-termly supervisions, share new ideas and professional practices.
• To attend monthly staff meetings to support the development of the setting.
• To attend nursery events.
• To act as a mentor to apprentices.
• To attend in service training and other mandatory training as requested.
To the Parents:
• To have a professional relationship with parents, working in partnership for the mutual benefit of the child.
• To provide a warm welcome for parents in the nursery.
• To report to parents daily regarding their child’s learning and development.
• To prepare and participate in parent evenings / meetings.
• To follow through all questions and problems posed by parents to a conclusion.
If you are looking to work within a baby room then this position with Woodentots
Nursery could be for you! Click the APPLY button now!